C&C Weekend and the Couch
Alright. So last Friday I was checking my email and totally missing home like a a crazy person and I got an email from my mom talking about a church to check out eventually cause she knows people that go there that we apparently knew in Edmonton (apparently because I would have been anywhere from nothing to a year old). Anyways, so being so very excited about it I checked out the website and randomly emailed the youth pastor just to say hey and let him know who I am and that I'd be coming on Sunday.
He emailed me back and informed me of a C&C retreat thing that I could go on but it was a shame cause it's today and that's pretty short notice... but I said I don't care, I wanna go! So I did some errands before and then packed up as much crap in my backpack as possible and off I went. I took a bunch of buses cause that's what the stupid trip-planning thing said to do. I get off my bus prematurely and have to walk a bunch and I had to get money cause obviously I forgot the one thing I actually needed. stupid...
Anyways, I walk up and see the church and then the 22 goes by... the friggin' bus that goes RIGHT BY my house... stupid trip-planning, I could have gotten on the bus that goes right by my house and not had to transfer... whatev, know for next time.
Anyways, I walk into the parking lot and just walk right up and say hey I'm Mark and just try and meet everyone that's there. I met a guy named Kurtis who I'm pretty sure is like built by God for me to hang out with... he's amazing, but I'll get back to that. I met Eric and Claire, Kurtis' brother and sister and Noelle who is awesome! Anyways, we all get in vans and cars and head off. I went with Noelle and a couple from the church named Ben and Almira. Ben was HILARIOUS!! man that guy was funny, and they all thought I was really funny too, which was weird cause pretty much anything I said they thought was great granted I wasn't complaining.
We drive for like 45 minutes and get to this like complex where there's dorms upstairs and downstairs on one side and then like an eating room downstairs and a meeting room upstairs. So we got set up and had a session.
Anyways, I'll just give you the highlights cause this thing'll be like 1000 pages cause it was awesome. Friday was just hang out time and just playing games, we played PIT which was alright, a card game. Anyways, I was like aren't we gonna play nightgames or something?! And Josh (youth leader) was like no, that's youth group... and I was like ouch... fine... Anyways, so I had the priness bride with me and was trying to convince people to watch it. I asked Noelle and she was like alright but then was like later... This girl named Jessie (she's from NB and was pretty cool) said she would so we got it all set up and Noelle was like start without me so we started and then Noelle came back and was like I can't, I'm going to bed... sheesh.
Didn't sleep well, too cold. All I had was my bear blanket and my tiger blanket and it was SO cold... I didn't get to sleep till like 3 and then at 6:30 I was like screw this so I just got up and read my bible till people got up. We had breakfast and then another session and then there was free time so I kicked a soccer ball around hoping people would come play... no dice. They planned football in like an hour so I went to have a nap which was sweet, I love naps. I got up and played a sweet game of football and pretty much murdered the other team. We had another session and had like alone time so I went down to the beach with a girl named Stephanie (she reminds me of Jenn Clark whom I love so she kinda found a quick place in my heart) and we found seperate places and just wen tover this thing... it was good.
We cleaned up the beach too which was good. Had another session and learned a whole bunch more. Went to Earle's! Which was really fun! We played the alphabet game with movies mostly. Slept WAY better cause there's a friggin' heater in my room so we cranked that. It was much better. Oh and Jessie and I watched Secret of Nimh before we went to bed.
The next day, breakfast again, and then we had like a communion service which was really awesome and then we headed home. It was pretty much awesome and the people are the best so I'm pretty pumped about it!
He emailed me back and informed me of a C&C retreat thing that I could go on but it was a shame cause it's today and that's pretty short notice... but I said I don't care, I wanna go! So I did some errands before and then packed up as much crap in my backpack as possible and off I went. I took a bunch of buses cause that's what the stupid trip-planning thing said to do. I get off my bus prematurely and have to walk a bunch and I had to get money cause obviously I forgot the one thing I actually needed. stupid...
Anyways, I walk up and see the church and then the 22 goes by... the friggin' bus that goes RIGHT BY my house... stupid trip-planning, I could have gotten on the bus that goes right by my house and not had to transfer... whatev, know for next time.
Anyways, I walk into the parking lot and just walk right up and say hey I'm Mark and just try and meet everyone that's there. I met a guy named Kurtis who I'm pretty sure is like built by God for me to hang out with... he's amazing, but I'll get back to that. I met Eric and Claire, Kurtis' brother and sister and Noelle who is awesome! Anyways, we all get in vans and cars and head off. I went with Noelle and a couple from the church named Ben and Almira. Ben was HILARIOUS!! man that guy was funny, and they all thought I was really funny too, which was weird cause pretty much anything I said they thought was great granted I wasn't complaining.
We drive for like 45 minutes and get to this like complex where there's dorms upstairs and downstairs on one side and then like an eating room downstairs and a meeting room upstairs. So we got set up and had a session.
Anyways, I'll just give you the highlights cause this thing'll be like 1000 pages cause it was awesome. Friday was just hang out time and just playing games, we played PIT which was alright, a card game. Anyways, I was like aren't we gonna play nightgames or something?! And Josh (youth leader) was like no, that's youth group... and I was like ouch... fine... Anyways, so I had the priness bride with me and was trying to convince people to watch it. I asked Noelle and she was like alright but then was like later... This girl named Jessie (she's from NB and was pretty cool) said she would so we got it all set up and Noelle was like start without me so we started and then Noelle came back and was like I can't, I'm going to bed... sheesh.
Didn't sleep well, too cold. All I had was my bear blanket and my tiger blanket and it was SO cold... I didn't get to sleep till like 3 and then at 6:30 I was like screw this so I just got up and read my bible till people got up. We had breakfast and then another session and then there was free time so I kicked a soccer ball around hoping people would come play... no dice. They planned football in like an hour so I went to have a nap which was sweet, I love naps. I got up and played a sweet game of football and pretty much murdered the other team. We had another session and had like alone time so I went down to the beach with a girl named Stephanie (she reminds me of Jenn Clark whom I love so she kinda found a quick place in my heart) and we found seperate places and just wen tover this thing... it was good.
We cleaned up the beach too which was good. Had another session and learned a whole bunch more. Went to Earle's! Which was really fun! We played the alphabet game with movies mostly. Slept WAY better cause there's a friggin' heater in my room so we cranked that. It was much better. Oh and Jessie and I watched Secret of Nimh before we went to bed.
The next day, breakfast again, and then we had like a communion service which was really awesome and then we headed home. It was pretty much awesome and the people are the best so I'm pretty pumped about it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home